It’s a day of creativity and discovering new stories! explore it all Maryland Room has to offer to ArtFest Annual Free Open House to Sunday March 27 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.! the Band of the United States Naval Academy will give a concert at 4 p.m. to crown the family event with a community concert.
Maryland Hall’s ArtFest Open House is a day of creativity – with art demonstrations, live music, dance performances, art exhibits, hands-on activities and kids’ crafts throughout the historic building and its outdoor campus. This FREE open house showcases the arts at Maryland Room like no other day, attracting customers of all ages. Food, drinks and ice cream will be available for purchase at the Café at Maryland Room and Always Ice Cream, and Chevy’s Fresh Mex Food Trucks.
ArtFest is part of Four Rivers Heritage Area Maryland Day Celebration Activities. Come spend your Sunday afternoon with Maryland Hall and find out what your cultural core is all about!
ArtFest events for children and adults:
- Engaging demonstrations and mini-workshops from MD Hall’s education department: dance, painting, portrait drawing, glass fusing, pottery, YogAlign, woodturning, drone photography
- “Seconds Sales” featuring woodturning pieces, molten glass art and pottery
- Live painting by artist-in-residence Luis Bello
- Shows including tap, ballet and jazz
- Hands-on community art project for kids
- Exhibit in galleries: Phases+Faces by Luis Bello, ArtReach exhibition, exhibition of teaching artists
- New MD Hall Guided Tours
- Self-guided tours of the outdoor campus and its public art
USNA Band Concert
The US Naval Academy Band will close the ArtFest celebration with a performance featuring its many ensembles. Under the direction of Commander Diane E. Nichols, the eclectic program will feature various styles of music ranging from chamber music to jazz. The show includes works by JS Bach, François Devienne, Dave Brubeck and the yet-to-be-determined winning composers of the band’s 2021 “Call for Scores” competition.
All ArtFest activities, including the concert, are free and open to the public. Free advance registration is recommended for the USNA Band concert to guarantee seating.
COVID-19 Mask Policy: Face masks are required for all ArtFest guests inside Maryland Hall, regardless of their vaccination status.
For more information, visit marylandhall.org or call 410-263-5544. Maryland Hall is located at 801 Chase Street, Annapolis.
Category: Annapolis Gives, Events, LIFE IN THE AREA, Local News, NEWS, Post to FB